In the spring of 2018, Peninsula Co-op merged with North Island Co-op in Campbell River and officially reached over 100,000 members.
In 2019 they celebrated their renovated and modernized Comox location with a grand reopening. The company also upgraded and modernized the stations at Royal Oak and Mill Bay with new pumps.
The Food Centre went through some changes in 2019 by adding three new express self-checkout tills and eliminating the use of plastic bags at the checkouts. Peninsula Co-op worked with the other owners of the Keating Centre and installed two electric charging units to the south end of our store’s parking lot which is now powered by Peninsula Co-op.
Peninsula Co-op is a Vancouver Island-based co-operative with our core business in grocery, petroleum and convenience stores employing more than 350 full and part-time employees.
Our services include:
- 18 gas centres with convenience stores located on Southern Vancouver Island between Sidney and Duncan; in Comox and Campbell River.
- 5 local network cardlocks and 7 system-wide cardlocks on the Island.
- 2 liquor stores in the Greater Victoria Area.
- Home heating oil sales and distribution.
- Food Centre (full-service grocery store) located in Saanichton.
- Since 1977 we remain entirely locally owned and proudly share profits with our 108,000 member-owners, community and staff.
Through our Community Fund, we donate over half a million dollars every year to local charities, organizations, youth groups, student scholarships and community projects.
In addition to supporting your local community, being a member-owner of Peninsula Co-op means you immediately begin sharing in the profits of the company. Rebate cheques are sent out at the end of each year, based on your purchases from the previous fiscal year. That’s money back in your pocket with no annual membership fee and no points that take years to collect.
Welcome to Peninsula Co-op! We truly are ‘moving ahead by giving back’.