Profile: Lucy Smith, athlete and coach ambassador of the Vancouver Island Race Series
Lucy Smith is a coach, mentor, and writer. She was an interim CEO of Triathlon Canada and is now the race director of the TC10K, an event she has won six times.
Lucy has won 19 Canadian championships in her career. The volume of titles is one thing, but the diversity is another. She has won on the tracks, roads, trails, cross-country, and in multi-sport. The mother of two is also a two-time world duathlon silver medallist.
And yes, she has done marathons (before you ask) and ironman.
• 19-time Canadian champion
• Two-time silver medallist, Duathlon Worlds
• Six-time Canadian 10K Road Running Champion
• Five-time Canadian Cross-Country Champion
• Canadian Long Distance Triathlon Champion: 2007
• Canadian 10,000m Champion: 2004
• Canadian Half Marathon Champion: 2006
• Five-time Canadian Duathlon Champion
• Two-time CIAU Cross-Country Champion. CIAU is now USport, the national university league in Canada.
Follow along here as Lucy takes us through the season providing well-practiced preparation and racing tips. The advice will be available leading up to each of the eight races starting with the Harriers Pioneer 8K on Sunday, January 8 through to the Synergy Health Centre Bazan Bay 5K on Sunday, April 23.