At viaSport, we believe that all British Columbians deserve equitable opportunities to develop and realize their potential through sport – as an athlete, coach, official or volunteer.
We provide strategic leadership to the amateur sport ecosystem.
- We convene and collaborate with partners.
- We connect sport organizations to funding, resources, and other capacity-building initiatives.
- We develop policy and shared measurement practices.
- We gather and share information to advance shared goals.
- We build public trust and confidence in the promise of sport.
- We advance economic growth and social development through equitable access to sport.
British Columbians are truly healthy and connected because they value and participate in sport experiences that are safe, inclusive and welcoming.
To lead the development and growth of amateur sport in B.C.—bring more families to the field of play, more fans into the stands, more athletes to the podium, more sporting events to the province, and more supporters of the system.
At viaSport, three values underpin our strategic plan and guide our daily actions. These are the beliefs and principles we commit to in carrying out our mission:
AT VIASPORT, YOU CAN:
- connect with the more than 70 B.C. sports organizations that deliver sport programs and services every day
- learn more about our key initiatives to make sport in our province safe, inclusive and welcoming for all British Columbians
- gain access to the most-up-to-date coaching resources and information
- apply for sport-related grant funding to encourage sport participation, develop high-performance athletes and improve sport and recreation programs
- discover and utilize amateur sport resources for administrators, athletes, coaches, parents and participants found through the viaSport Learning Centre
viaSport administers $13.4M of the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport’s investment in sport to support: